Emily Wilkinson started her career by leading the legal and development teams and serving as board secretary at the documentary film based nonprofit, Invisible Children.
Sam Mazzeo got his start in litigation, before joining forces with Emily at Invisible Children after the organization released the most viral video in history (CC: KONY 2012).
In 2014, we co-founded Wilkinson Mazzeo PC (wilkmazz if you’re cool) to provide affordable and quality legal care for causes and creative businesses. Meet the rest of the crew below, including our fellow legal unicorns, the robust attorney network we belong to.
Sam can help you legally protect your work, open or close your business, and find a dog gif for your cease-and-desist email. He got his start in litigation, and currently serves on some legit boards like TEDx and Think Dignity.
Sam has a lot of tattoos for being a lawyer. Just saying.
– Served as in-house legal counsel at Invisible Children
– Worked for Oceana, helping improve marine areas and improve salmon fisheries
– Hates the part where Milo and Otis get separated at the river
Steph supports the team in the areas of nonprofit & business formation, trademark and film clearance. Before joining wilkmazz, she worked at a nonprofit that provided legal help to creatives and small businesses. Which is similar to what we do, but with less pizza gifs.
She is from Miami. Just like The Rock.
– Worked in the nonprofit and IP sectors before joining wilkmazz
– Started her career as a legal assistant in Miami
– Does not own a neon pantsuit
Liv supports the team in the areas of contracts, labor and employment, and copyright, as well as handling all things marketing-communications. She’s also an enthusiastic dog mom. A true triple threat.
Day-to-day, she drafts agreements and resource articles, heads up our social media and web content, makes kickass animations and infographics, fluffs and folds, all that jazz.
– Founded her law school’s American Civil Liberties Union chapter
– Prepared visa applications for immigrant victims of domestic abuse before joining wilkmazz
– Love language is carbs
Emily brings the magic to our practice. No, literally—there are gemstones everywhere.
But she also brings the magic with her progressive approach to lawyering, relentless ambition and big heart for our clients.
Brittany is our lipstick-wearing, Harry Potter loving Spring intern. She assists in the areas of nonprofit, business formation, and wherever we need her to magically transform legal gibberish into plain English. Oh yeah, need help protecting your IP? Expecto pa-trademark! She helps with that, too.
– Vice President of her school’s Student Intellectual Property Law Association
– Previously worked at a nonprofit that protects creators, entrepreneurs, and internet users
– Hopes to one day own a phoenix-feather wand
She is in her second year at California Western School of Law
See all the serious stuff here.
Dan is another fantastic intern on our team this Spring. He assists in the areas of labor & employment, film clearance, and anything else we need him for! When he’s not tackling your legal questions, he’s playing one of the seven instruments he’s trained in, glassblowing, hiking, or rock climbing. What a renaissance man.
– Proud member of the Tom Homann LGBT Law Association
– Serves the transgender community by volunteering at name & gender marker change clinics
– Don’t make him mad, or his Philly accent will come out
He is in his second year at California Western School of Law
See all the serious stuff here.