We simplify law.
Or at least make it human.
We’re especially good at interpreting fine print and building community.
Our clients are creative, driven, and contagiously enthusiastic.
Emily brings the magic to our practice. No, literally—there are gemstones everywhere.
But she also brings the magic with her progressive approach to lawyering, relentless ambition and big heart for our clients. Day to day, she leads the nonprofit, artist, labor and tarot areas of our practice.
Sam can help you legally protect your work, open or close your business, and find a dog gif for your cease-and-desist email. He got his start in litigation, and currently serves on some legit boards like TEDx and Think Dignity.
Sam has a lot of tattoos for being a lawyer. Just saying.
– Served as in-house legal counsel at Invisible Children
– Worked for Oceana, helping improve marine areas and improve salmon fisheries
– Hates the part where Milo and Otis get separated at the river
Steph supports Emily and Sam in the areas of labor and employment, business formation, and film clearance. Before joining wilkmazz, she worked at a nonprofit that provided legal help to creatives and small businesses. Which is similar to what we do, but with less pizza gifs.
She is from Miami. Just like The Rock.
– Worked in the nonprofit and IP sectors before joining wilkmazz
– Started her career as a legal assistant in Miami
– Does not own a neon pantsuit